Candidates should review all eligibility requirements, including clearances, immunizations and screenings to make sure the program is right for you.
Applications for our 2023-2024 cohort are currently closed.
Please review the requirements to participate in ECAT’s Clinical Medical Assistant program:
In order to apply:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Be a resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Complete a math and reading assessment
- Obtain all required clearances and immunizations
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (CY113)
- Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check for Employment
- FBI Fingerprinting Clearance
- Pass all screenings
If you meet the eligibility requirements you can begin the application process:
Complete an online application.
Enrollment is open Monday, February 27th at 8AM – Friday, April 14th at 11:45PM
If you need assistance with the application, please contact Tamika Craig at 814-651-0903 or email@example.com.
ECAT staff will help you complete the remaining steps after you complete the application:
Wait to be contacted by ECAT staff.
We will contact you via email on Monday, April 17th to schedule a basic reading and math assessment. Email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check your spam folder. You will be given a link to self-schedule an assessment appointment.
Once contacted by ECAT staff:
- Use the link in your email to schedule a reading and math assessment appointment.
- Assessments are scheduled in one-hour blocks and take place at ECAT, 650 East Ave.
- Candidates may use our resources to assist with test prep.
- Candidates may take the test up to 3 times to achieve a passing score.
- Once candidates have received a passing score, they will be invited to schedule an interview.
Interview period: Tuesday, May 30th – Friday, June 16th
- You will receive a link in your email to schedule an interview using Microsoft Bookings.
- Interviews are 30 minutes and take place at ECAT, 650 East Ave. with ECAT career training staff.
Enrollment notifications are mailed to candidates on Friday, June 23rd
- Candidates must notify ECAT of their acceptance or deferral by Friday, July 7th.
Wednesday, September 13th
- Students will review and sign an enrollment agreement that explains your rights and responsibilities as an ECAT student.
- Students receive the Student Handbook.
- Staff will assist students in acquiring all necessary clearances, immunizations, and screenings.
- Classes begin Monday, September 18t
The following are required of all students enrolled in the Career Program and need to be completed by the start of the second semester. The cost of clearances and health screenings is not covered by ECAT.
FBI Fingerprinting Clearance
This is a fingerprint-based background check that is a multiple-step process. You must:
- Complete the online registration.
- Go to a verified center to be fingerprinted in person.
You must register prior to going to the fingerprint site.
$23.85 Fee. Obtain Act 73 clearance.
Immunizations and Screenings
Enrolled students will be guided through the process of acquiring immunizations and screenings.
Two step tuberculosis testing
Ready to see if the program is right for you? Learn about our unique approach:
Your Career as a CCMA
Wondering if being a CMA is the career path you’re looking for? Read more about the profession: